Are you thrilled at the prospect of spending your holidays by the beach? As a devoted beach enthusiast, I eagerly anticipate any opportunity to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and unwind on the unspoiled shorelines. Just the idea of strolling barefoot on the cool sand, basking in the sun, and enjoying a refreshing beverage (whether it’s a chilled beer or soothing coconut water, whichever you prefer) is incredibly rejuvenating. Moreover, the crystal-clear azure waters, golden sands, and the iconic backdrop of palm trees only enhance the allure of this idyllic paradise.
Whether you want to just lay on the sand while reading a book or want to indulge in any water activities or want to party on the beach in the night, the charm of being around the ocean just doesn’t go away. A beach vacation is all about relaxation, but there’s nothing relaxing about forgetting things at home and hoping if you remembered to carry them. To make sure you have yourself covered for any beach activity, we have compiled a complete list of things to carry for your next beach vacation. From essentials to all the frills, you won’t forget a thing if you stick to these beach necessities.
Our comprehensive beach vacation packing list featuring the must-haves is all that you’ll need.
First and for most in our Beach Vacation Packing List, Essential clothes and undergarments:
This should be the first thing to be on your mind. Do make sure you carry light clothes like tank tops and shorts during summer. Also, make sure you have carried a couple of extra pairs and a nightdress for your stay.
No brainer to include your choice of shampoo, conditioner, dental care kit, body wash, listerine, etc. in the list. Also, for the beach make sure you are carrying a sanitizer and hand wipes along with you always.
Skin cancer is on the rise and to protect your skin from the harmful sun, make sure you carry a much-needed Sunscreen lotion with you. We recommend you to check the required SPF for your destination and try some eco-friendly lotion for your usage.
A great pair of sunglasses to protect your eyes too.
A fitting swimsuit to make sure you are water ready
Sandals / Flip flops:
To make sure you are beach ready. (I usually forget this)
to protect you from the Sun’s UV Rays
Cell phone, charger, headphones/speakers:
So you are well connected and can enjoy some good music while relaxing.
So that you can lay on the sand but not get dirty (Definitely needed)
Use it for drying off after getting wet.
To make sure you aren’t dehydrated in the heat of the summer (Also, beer works as a good replacement)
And lastly, in our beach vacation packing list, a sand-proof Beach Bag:
A bag to carry everything to the beach. Also, do carry a dry Bag, so that you can fill your wet clothes and tower back in there while on your way back (I usually forget this too)
Our recommended add-ons in the packing list for a perfect beach vacation:
- A good book: Incase, you are a book lover and a good book helps you relax
- Sand Toys: I always repent forgetting these but make sure you carry some toys to rewind back to your childhood days. A beach ball or frisbee will be very handy.
- Universal Adapter: In case you travel to anywhere outside your country.
- First Aid Kit: Band-aids, gel or spray for injuries and any medication for motion sickness, cold and fever, if needed.
- Bug-spray /Bug repellent: Very handy if you are travelling to a less commercial beach and bugs creep you.
- Rash Guard: To protect your skin in case you spend a lot of time in the water.
Our suggestions for Good-to-have things incase you still have space in your bag
- Go Pro cameras: Incase you plan to capture your scuba diving or any other underwater experience.
- Snorkeling gear: If you want to check out your swimming clan.
- Portable cooler: If you like your beer chilled and carry it everywhere.
- Beach Tent: Incase you plan to have a night out on the beach under the stars. (definitely a recommended experience in a safe location)
- Surf boards: In case surfing is your thing.
What more can you think of? Share your thoughts in the comments.