Last Update: 02nd of April, 2020
Maintaining your trust is our top priority, so we adhere to the following principles to protect your privacy:
- We have implemented reasonable security safeguards designed to protect your information.
Our commitment to your privacy
We have tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you are not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and some of the other capitalized terms then read about these key terms first as under:
- Cookie: A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Web Site features, services, and Contents may not function properly without Cookies.
- IP Address: Every computer connected to the internet is assigned a unique number known as an internet protocol (IP) address. Since these numbers are usually assigned in country-based blocks, an IP address can often be used to identify the country from which a computer is connecting to the internet.
- Pixel Tag: A pixel tag is a type of technology placed on a website or within the body of an e-mail for the purpose of tracking activity on websites, or when e-mails are opened or accessed, and is often used in combination with cookies.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: These are information your browser or internet session may automatically provide us and it includes the browser you are using, your internet domain, the operating system on your computer, your IP Address, mobile identifiers as permitted by mobile platforms, your mobile operating system (if you are accessing The Travel Earth using a mobile device) and the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier, pages of the Web Site you visited and URL thereof, click-through information, etc. This is information that is generally recorded about users that it no longer reflects or references an individually identifiable user.
- The Travel Earth Account: You may access some of our Contents and services by signing up for a The Travel Earth Account and providing us with some personal information (typically your login name, email address, and a password). This account information will be used to authenticate you when you access our services or Content and protect your account from unauthorized access by others. You can edit or terminate your account at any time you desire.
- “Web Site”, “we”, “our” or “us” “The Travel Earth” means www.thetravelearth.com as appropriate. “you”, “your” and “yours” refers to you, the User using the Web Site (and includes your parents and natural or legal guardians, as appropriate, in case you are minor or in any-way incapacitated/debarred from contracting).
What information do we collect?
The Web Site is not set up to automatically collect Personally Identifiable Information from each visitor to the Web Site to the extent not permissible by Applicable Law. This information is used only for internal purposes by our technical support staff.
We do track certain information about the visits to the Web Site. For example, we may compile statistics that show the numbers and frequency of visitors to the Web Site and its pages and time spent by each visitor on each page. These aggregated statistics are generally used internally to improve the Web Site and for product development and marketing purposes. Those aggregated statistics may also be provided to advertisers and other third parties, but again, the statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information.
In a few areas on the Web Site, we ask you to provide personal information (being Personally Identifiable Information herein) that will enable us to verify whether you are entitled to access and use certain Contents and services available from the Web Site. This information may also be used to enable us to enhance your Web Site visit, to assist you with customer service or technical support issues, or to follow up with you after your visit, or to otherwise support your relationship with us. It is completely optional for you to participate. However, failure to participate may mean that you cannot access and use certain Contents and services.
For example, we request information from you when you:
- Log-on to certain areas of the Web Site where you may be prompted to provide us with your ‘ login name’ and password or other authentication mechanisms as a condition to gaining access to certain Contents or services.
- Register or sign-up to use a service.
- Subscribe to a newsletter or desire to be added to our mailing lists for other products and services.
- Provide feedback in an online survey.
How do we use this information?
We use your personal information for specific purposes only. The personal information you provide to us when using the Web Site, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone/mobile number, etc. (Personally Identifiable Information herein) will be kept confidential and used to support your relationship with us, monitor, review, measure, and analyze website utilization, to notify you of special offers, updated information, and new products and services from Web Site, or offers from third parties that we think may be of interest to you. Our Business Associates, agents, or contractors who are given access to your Personally Identifiable Information will be required to keep the information confidential and not use it for any other purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for us.
We may enhance or merge your information collected at our Web Site with data from third parties for purposes of marketing products or services to you.
To network advertising companies (companies that manage and provide advertising for numerous unrelated companies), to the extent that we utilize such advertising companies to provide advertisements on the Web Site, we may provide them with your ‘User Name’ and any demographic information about you that we collect. Those advertising companies may combine that data with Non-Personally Identifiable Information collected by the advertising company from your computer, solely to deliver on our Web Site, advertisements that are targeted to you.
Circumstances may arise where we are required to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for purposes other than to support your customer relationship with us, such as in connection with a corporate divestiture or dissolution where we sell all or a portion of our business or assets or disclose information for raising money in the form of debt or other modes, enter into a strategic tie-up (including our associated customer lists containing your Personally Identifiable Information); or if any disclosure is required by law or is pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations or proceedings; or in the circumstances where we believe that doing so is necessary or appropriate to satisfy the Applicable Laws (including any rules, regulations, circulars, notifications), legal processes, detect prevent or otherwise address frauds, security or technical issues; or to protect rights, property or safety of us, our Users or other public.
When you request information from us or one or more of our content providers, we may transfer that information within our organization/Web Site or route your information to our content provider(s), across the border and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdiction around the world, so that they may provide the information on their content or service that you requested.
We will send you information about our various products, content, and services, or other products and services we feel may be of interest to you. Only we or our Business Associates (including content providers, preferred partners, referrals, agents, contractors) working on behalf of us and under non-disclosure agreements will send you these direct mailings. We restrict access to Personally Identifiable Information to our employees and Business Associates who need to know that information to process it for us, and who are subject to strict confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
We may process Personally Identifiable Information on our server(s) located in one or more countries around the world. We may process your Personally Identifiable Information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Do we share your information with others?
Apart from above, we don’t share your Personally Identifiable Information with companies, organizations, and individuals outside The Travel Earth unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent: We will share Personally Identifiable Information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Web Site when we have your consent to do so.
- With Domain administrators: If your TTE Account is managed for you by a domain administrator (for e.g. for The Travel Earth app users) then your domain administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your The Travel Earth Account information (including your email and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
View statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding applications you install;
Change your account password;
Suspend or terminate your account access;
Access or retain information stored as a part of your account;
Receive your account information in order to satisfy Applicable Law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request;
Restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
If required, restrict your access to few or all resources and services of The Travel Earth.
How can you access or correct your Account information?
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it- unless we must keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
As the user, you can update:
- Your basic profile information
- Your password
- Privacy settings of your account
Once you have logged in to www.travelearth.com, click on the ‘My Account’ button at the top of your home page to view or correct the information provided. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject unreasonably repetitive requests, require disproportionate technical efforts (e.g. developing a new system or fundamentally changing the existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (e.g. requests concerning information residing in backup tapes). Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free (except where it would require disproportionate efforts). We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active server and may not remove information from our backup systems.
To the extent that you do provide us with the Personally Identifiable Information, we wish to maintain the accuracy of this information. Where we collect Personally Identifiable Information from you on the Web Site, our goal is to provide a means of contacting us should you need to update or correct that information. If for any reason those means are unavailable or inaccessible, you may send updates and corrections about your Personally Identifiable Information to email@example.com and we will make reasonable efforts to incorporate the changes in the information that we hold as soon as practicable.
Information Protection/ Security
Wherever your information (including Personally Identifiable Information) may be held with us or on our behalf or provided to us for registration on our Web Site, we intend to take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the information (including Personally Identifiable Information) you shared with us from unauthorized access or disclosure. However, please note while we will make every reasonable effort to protect your information (including Personally Identifiable Information), no method of transmission of data over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We do not rent, sell or exchange the email addresses of site visitors, or of their friends, associates, or relatives, to any third party or indulge in spamming, including its store members to the extent not permissible by Applicable Law.
Data Retention Policies
We will only retain your data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your data, the purposes for which we process your data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Legal basis of processing
We will only process your information for as long as we have a relevant legal basis to do so. This is usually to provide you with the contractual services you have requested from The Travel Earth Group or if you have provided us with adequate consent to process your information for other purposes.
If we choose to process your information under the legal basis of legitimate interests, we will always inform you of our legitimate business interest and your right to object.
We will only use your data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone calls may be made to you for carrying out our processes to maintain and safeguard your journey with The Travel Earth. Please be ensured that all the calls made to you are monitored and/or recorded for training purposes and for maintaining the quality of our business.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Only under extreme circumstances will your information, data, record, material, document, form (“Your Content”) stored in our Web Site be read by an employee, such as if the Your content causes problems with the application, servers, acts maliciously, are suspected of violating the terms and condition of use, are unlawful, or violate any rights of third parties or other Web Site users.
We reserve the right to remove or edit your User Content in your TTE Account if they cause problems with the application, servers, acts maliciously, are suspected of violating the terms and conditions of use, are unlawful, or violate any rights of third parties or other Web Site users. Our employee will never directly ask your password or other identifying information related to your The Travel Earth Account.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online – for example through e-mail, discussion lists, or elsewhere – that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your Personally Identifiable Information and ‘Your content’. Please be careful and responsible whenever you’re online.
Use of Web Site (or its products, services or Contents) by Minor
We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from users under the age of 18 or below the age of majority in your jurisdiction. Further, we do not promote, condone or endorse the dissemination of information, or sale of products services and Contents to minors when prohibited by Applicable Law (including the dissemination or sale of pornographic materials to minors, and the sale of firearms, tobacco, and alcohol to minors).
Advertising Technologies and Web Beacons
We target ads to Users both on and off The Travel Earth website through a variety of ad networks and agencies, using:
- Advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers as permitted by mobile platforms;
- User-provided profile information and categories;
- Information inferred from a User’s profile (for example, details to infer age, or names to infer gender, Products of interest etc.).
- Your use of The Travel Earth services (for example, you’re The Travel Earth search history) or clicking on a The Travel Earth ads.
- Information from advertising partners which we use to help deliver ads more relevant to you.
How can you make a complaint?
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please e-mail us at email@example.com. While we can not guarantee privacy perfection, we will address any issue to the best of our abilities as soon as practicable and after you bring it to our attention.
Please contact us here if you have any questions, comments, or requests regarding any aspects related to The Travel Earth Website.
Personally Identifiable Information- opting out
You may choose whether to provide Personally Identifiable Information to us or not. If you choose to provide such information to us, you have the right to tell us not to make some of the uses of such information described herein. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters, surveys, or promotional communications via e-mail, you may opt-out following the instruction to unsubscribe. To have your personal information completely removed from our database, simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the name of the service/use/subscription for which the information was provided, your full name, postal address, email address, telephone/mobile number so that we may identify you in the opt-out process. Once we receive your instruction, we will promptly take corrective action.